Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nothing in particular

Added the traffic counter to my blog today .I tried doing it many days ago but for some reason or the other it didn’t work. It’s a pretty intelligent tool and knows where you come from. Apart from this , I’d also like to discuss about photo sessions on a vacation. The worst part of vacations is the photo session .You have to put on a fake expression and pretend that you are having a gala time standing next to a mountain or a waterfall or something .When you are in a group, you need to giggle with a bunch of bozos and in my opinion this is the stupidest thing that one can be a part of. One or two pics are fine but there’s absolutely no need for you to be captured in every latitude, altitude and every step that you climb. I also have noticed that sometimes the main intention of clicking pics is to put it on your facebook profile .One guy asks another ‘Hey did you upload them on facebook?’ . This is pretty annoying. You don’t need to tell the whole world that you were on a trip . Apparently there’s this android application where once a photo is taken on a phone it automatically gets uploaded on facebook. May the guy who inveneted this become a leper soon .Maybe I’m saying this because I don’t carry too many memories after a certain event meaning nostalgia doesn’t come dripping down my ass or something. Sometimes I tend to be pretty unemotional and completely aloof. This photo session reminds me of wedding lunches where the videographer takes a video of everyone having lunch. It completely frustrates you when an idiot is focusing this bright light that can make you go blind and you are licking the rasam off your fingers. I suppose that the hosts want to know if you ate more than what your gift was worth. I loathe that part when someone captures greasy liquids on my palm and I eating like a glutton . I generally eat a sweet or a bonda when the videographer comes to look a little elegant and suave .


So what would my ideal vacation be ? An impromptu one , completely unplanned and no cameras for heaven’s sake. Plan to go to place A , take a deviation and then land in place B . Find your way out , catch random buses and trains and do it within a certain budget . Even if you hire a taxi , stay quiet , no gay jokes and toilet humor even while traveling in a group. Sleep , watch the trees pass by, watch the orange sun and think of some abstract stories. I thought of this weird story where there’s a poet who creates this fictitious girl in his mind , she belongs to an anti poetry society , she’s like the edit page written by bores, like the neon bulb that glow aimlessly in the market place. The author knows nothing but to kill her. The girl finally huffs and leaps through puffs of dust and she survives. The poet dies , not the real death but a metaphorical one , his mind goes blank , a writer's block perhaps or something more serious. It’s fun to think about stupid stories like these .I also dream about running through the gulf of Kutch , through that white patch of soil with my silhouette following me .I look at myself and think that one day I’ll be able to call myself ‘A revolutionary depressed bohemian ‘ . Bye for now , go drown yourself in something depressing and soon you’ll get to discover something different !!!

4 comments:

  1. Your ideal trip..go alone and come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @abhilash it's sad that u aren't coming

    ReplyDelete
  3. inveneted this - invented it should be.
    The connections between the pictures on FB and your travel was missing. You could have connected by saying a little more that "Now for my ideal vacation"

    Now for the good part:

    That was hilarious. Best of the ones i have read recently.

    Keep writing and loved it. I so-so connect with the marriage videographers and the FB thing.

    Whoosh! More irritating is people whom you dont speak to or probably a "hi" friend, add you.

    I generally don't add them up, though :, im pretty shameless :D

    ReplyDelete