Friday, February 18, 2011

Hopefully Arnab : Shivrajkumar to make more flops

Arnab : The few things that separate him from Hrithik , Sharukh and Aamir are a series of flops , a flabby body and an unsexy wife. On my show tonight , joining us is the man himself Mr Shivrajkumar (S K)

Arnab: Welcome to the show Mr. Shivrajkumar So tell us , how did all this begin , how have you managed to deliver flops so consistently?
SK: Well , as you know , my first 3 films were huge box office hits . Then one afternoon my brothers and I were playing snakes and ladders at home , gradually we moved to complex games like ‘Truth and Dare’ .My brothers dared me to make a flop movie

Arnab: And then??

SK: The rest as they say is history , sibling rivalry you see! . People call my brother ‘Rocky’ after the success of his latest film and they call me Floppy. Old, stupid and useless like the Floppy disc , buhahahaha.

Arnab: Excellent , Shivarjkumar as candid as ever , pedestrian humor at it’s very best. Well moving ahead , what are the films that we can expect to see in the coming days

SK: I’m trying to do as many bad movies as possible , if everyone delivers superhits and blockbusters , I don’t see how I can be different
Arnab: So what’s that something different ?

SK: I’ll do movies that’ll kill audiences out of sheer tedium , literally bore them to death. I’m playing a lift operators role in my forthcoming movie who’s in charge of operating a lift in a 25 storey building. It’s based on his daily routine of operating the lift. Shooting for this movie was quite a challenge since I’m afraid of heights. Kamal Hassan had no dialogues in a movie of his ‘Pushpak’ . In my movie there’s only 1 dialogue . This is by an arrogant young man who tells the life operator ‘Hey macha , take me to the 12th floor dude’ .Other people press buttons on their own. This is repeated nearly 40 times in the movie , it’s the only dialogue in the movie which otherwise focuses on the boring life of the lift operator and kinematics involved in elevator movement.

Arnab: Wonderful, any other movies?

SK: Yes there are 2 movies , one where I play a watchman in a building . I actually got deep in to my character and became a night watchman of an apartment block , shooed away street dogs , snored for sometime. All this was shot between 10 in the night and 6 in the morning. It’s up for editing . Other than this there’s a biopic on Rahul Dravid’s life , movie titled ‘Day 5’ where Dravid saves the test match by hitting 20 runs of 180 balls. It’s difficult to play defence and not hit any runs.I’m trying my best to bat like him

Arnab: Sources tell us that you are reading scripts from Hollywood . Would you like to comment on this?
SK: I wouldn’t like to spill the beans out of the bag right now. All I can say is , I’ll be playing Angelina Jolie’s eldest adopted son.I’ve had to style myself differently for this

Arnab: Yes , we'll unveil the new look exclusively on Times Now


Arnab: What would you say to contemporaries who are trying to compete with you on making more flops?

SK: I am the only member of my fan club, I’ve never been kissed nor has anyone asked me to kiss on screen or off screen , I’ve never been a part of any page 3 parties , I am the brand ambassador of the textile company ‘BS Chanbasappa and sons’.Ever heard of that?? . That’s the only brand I’ve ever endorsed in my entire career . Beat that bitch

Arnab: ‘Beat that bitch’ says Shivrajkumar. We appreciate your candor . Thank you for joining us Shivrajkumar
SK: Call me floppy

Arnab: Floppy it is!!On the other side of the newshour , we’ll have Kokilaben talking about the kind of games that Anil and Mukesh play
(Harman bhaweja shrugged in fear . Riding high on the failure of 2 films , he was worried if his next one would become a hit accidentally)

No comments:

Post a Comment