Thursday, September 30, 2010

Inky , Pinky , Ponky




As I wade my way through chaotic traffic and busy roads , looking at people in coffee shops ,wondering what they are discussing and cursing god for making Mondays morose all the time . I then start walking through some quiet lanes and a series of picture postcard memories run through my mind. Today I’ll share with you the immediate things that strike my mind when I think of these words

Love:
To my 2 year old niece (Mumbai)
I first looked at you through the window in the twilight. You were wrapped in that tiny little white towel. 2 years later, you have the face of an angel and you can carry off those mischievous looks so easily. You shall grow up to become the most beautiful women in the world. You will be sun burnt by the glances of men. Don’t tell me that I didn’t warn you about this before

Thanks giving


To Ms. Shiny Wilson (wherever you are)
I still remember the most wonderful looking strawberry ice cream that we drew together . I also remember the way you would pin up important messages to the hanky on the left pocket of my shirt. Thank you ma’am for being my first teacher in school . Now if were to use that clichéd expression What ‘I’m today is all because of your efforts’ would rather look like intended sarcasm . Today I’m hobnobbing between stupid grades and unrealized dreams. One day when I shall be addressing a gathering in some corner of the world I shall dare not forget to mention your name


Affect, effect and influence

The girl who lived in the Western Ghats
The girl who could resuscitate in you the energy of freshly brewed coffee, who when smile her dimples would take the form of a sickle and extend all the way till the ears , she who could tell ‘hmmmm’ and ‘ummmm’ with equal amount of sexiness and sensibility
He then looked at her and spoke for a long time.
She asked “Are you done ? Your lines seem as if they were picked up straight from a hallmark card but it is not what you speak , it is the way you speak that matters to me .Only you know that white tulips make me sneeze and I’m allergic to mango and silk”
He replied “Hmmmm”
I stood there , staring in to the fields of cardamom , staying unusually quiet
He asked “You too want to fall in love?”
I replied “Hmmmmm”

Sense of belongingness
He asked me “how are you feeling today”
I replied “very Bangalore”
Bangalore to different people could mean different things. Cosmopolitan, greediness , beauty , hunger , desire , passion , sleeplessness , smart, witty and intelligent . 21 years in this city and I definitely owe something to this place which I call home. Even if I were air dropped here from an alien land many years later, I wouldn’t have to grope for clues . I’d still know that the best dosas are made at MTR , the best plays happen at the rangashankara , the first satellite arrived on a bullock cart and it was ordered by a company which we today call ‘Texas instruments’ . I studied in the only autonomous school in the country (I’m not referring in a sarcastic manner to my engg college, I did actually study in a autonomous school). Yes autonomy is like a hereditary disease that has been passed on to me from so many generations

Touchwood
The feel of something metal in your hand, the feel of eating a honey cake with the honey meandering all around your tongue, humming your favorite song completely unperturbed by the events going on around you and having a strong feeling that the day is going to be yours, sitting in a bus and hoping that the journey would continue forever

Insanity

Watching a sleeping dog and trying to find out the rate at which it breathes.. I also planned of buying the whole of Greenland and make a hell lot of money by making 30*40 and 40*60 plots . Getting inside a park and watching dew drops trickle down from the tree and thinking that you can be on the title cover of Pink Floyd’s next video. A series of other pervy thoughts creep in to my mind but I don’t wish to share it over here as one day if my blogs were ever made in to a book , it would become difficult for grandmother’s in orthodox areas like Rajasthan and Gujarat to read it out to their grandchildren .(Okay this is the height of insanity!)

Some questions answered and unanswered
This is my own question , no plagiarism of any sort
If GYM : JIMMY
JAM : JAMMY

SWIM : ???

The answer isn’t Swimmy, it is WATERY
Hehehe:)

Coming to the unanswered part
To Munni (in the small little town of U P)
Why do you want to become a zandu balm to chulbul pandey ?
Why not a Aspirin , Crocin or a paracetamol which in addition to curing aches and pains can also be used for fever , cough and cold

Comments , criticism and suggestions invited!!

2 comments:

  1. i really love the part where you talk about the western ghats and the girl....and munni was a masterstroke!!...:D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lo that first teacher part touched my heart........
    i will ask my mom to know who my first teacher was........

    ReplyDelete